KEY DIGITAL MARKETING CONCEPTS
BUYERS NOW CONTROL THE PURCHASE PROCESS
It used to be the case that companies, through their salespeople, were highly involved in the customer’s buying process. Salespeople were responsible for informing their Rolodex about new releases, delivering brochures and spec sheets to potential leads, answering questions about products and services, and proactively moving prospects towards a sale.
These days, the last thing that anybody wants to do is talk to a salesperson.
B2B buyers only spend the final 32% of their journey interacting with salespeople – the rest of the time is spent reading online content and seeking referrals from colleagues. Most companies don’t even realize they are missing out on potential business… because they never get contacted.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR CUSTOMERS IS CRUCIAL
Marie uses three tools to help business owners understand their customers; a Buyer Persona, a Keyword Strategy, and a Conversion Strategy.
- A Buyer Persona helps you understand what a buyer needs to know, feel and understand about your product or service before they pick up the phone and call you.
- A Keyword Strategy helps you identify how to connect with people who need your products or services.
- A Conversion Strategy is an interactive wireframe that maps out all of the elements of your website, with the right connectors to everything you want in your digital dialogue from social media to email marketing and beyond.
YOU CAN USE TECHNOLOGY TO ALIGN MARKETING & SALES
Marketers have access to an unprecedented amount of data. This means we can directly tie marketing efforts to sales activity. One way to do this is through Marketing Automation.
Marketing Automation software is designed to add a layer of automation to your lead generation, lead nurturing and site behaviour analysis activities. It is designed to save your marketing and sales team time, minimize the chances of leads falling through the cracks, automate lead nurturing processes and increase your lead conversion rate.
DIGITAL MARKETING DRIVES MEASURABLE RESULTS & ROI
Today, sales-driven organizations only start interacting with prospects after a shortlist has already been developed. This leaves little room to influence buying decisions and forces vendors to compete on price.
Since most customers self-serve throughout their purchasing process, modern marketing should focus on reaching them as early as possible.
- Content marketing allows firms to engage with customers and begin building trust when they are starting to self-educate about their problem.
- Converting website visitors into mailing list subscribers should be a top priority, and is a measurable KPI that you can tie directly to sales outcomes.