WILL THE RACE FOR TALENT DESTROY YOUR COMPANY?
Finding talent is the greatest risk to tech companies in 2020 and beyond. How will you future-proof your business?
Many companies will be destroyed due to one blind spot, gender diversity.
Today, 61.4% of Canadian women are in the workforce . Accordingly, women should represent 40-50% of tech professionals in the industry, yet they make up only 20%.
For the tech industry to secure the right talent for growth, they must consider diversity and gender balance in order to fill jobs and create better companies. To do this we need to improve the number of women entering the profession and staying in.
Addressing Gender Parity.
Just hiring more men to backfill the deficiency is not the solution. Tech companies must look beyond traditional ways of attracting and grooming talent as well as looking internally to understand how their companies are set up to build a diverse workforce.
FUTURE PROOF WORKSHOP
We’ve developed a Future-Proof-Workshop for tech company leadership teams that want to understand:
• Current and future talent requirements
• Possible blind spots that may be holding them back from accessing a broader talent pool
• Identifying a framework for creating a more diverse workforce for their company
The Future-Proof Workshop is for tech company leadership teams that want to understand:
- Current and future talent requirements
- Possible blind spots that may be holding them back from accessing a broader talent pool
- Identifying a framework for creating a more diverse workforce for their company
This two-hour interactive, introductory session will cover:
- A baseline understanding of the pandemic in tech
- The stats of women in tech today in North America
- ‘Speed-round’ sessions to address the four primary blind spots our research has identified:
- Recruiting best practices
- Mentorship and Sponsorship definitions, actions items, and best practices
- Workplace Environment, perceptions, myths and best practices
- Pay equity benchmarks, reviewing and reporting, and best practices
During your session, one sponsor will be chosen to complete post-workshop follow up, which includes:
- Liaise with your session lead to co-develop a report for all employees
- Champion the action plan to ensure action items get carried out and communicate status to all employees
- Liaise with your session lead to assess and implement training on deficiencies
Future-proof your company with these simple steps…
Marie Wiese, your leader for this exploratory session, has conducted more than 100 hours of research about women in tech, is a 25-year trailblazer in the tech sector, a digital marketing expert and host of the Women Talk Tech podcast. Marie’s mission is to help tech companies understand why they need more women in their companies and how to build an action plan for getting them there.
- Complete your Future-Proof Formula Card or sign up for a workshop below.
- One of our booking assistants will contact you within one week to confirm your workshop date.
- Following that, our team will send you a checklist to ensure the best results possible, customize your workshop experience, confirm participants, date and location.
- Workshop fee is $895 which will be invoiced upon booking and is due on or before the scheduled workshop date.
Have more questions? Talk to Marie Wiese, email@example.com or 416-436-7931.